Martian Mathematics Affiliate Program Policies
All Martian Mathematics Affiliates are required to complete agreement and remain in compliance with these terms. This list contains everything you need to know to be a Martian Mathematics affiliate, including resources, recommendations, and legal stuff.
If you're not yet part of the Martian Mathematics Affiliate Program, you can apply here.
If you ever need anything else or have questions, feel free to reach out to the team at email@example.com
Last Modified: August 7, 2021
- Commission Rates. You receive a flat-rate commission of 20% on the customer’s purchase.
- Discounts and sales decrease the cost of products and services to customers. They also decrease commissions for affiliates.
- Commissions will not be paid on products and services canceled or returned by the customer.
- Affiliate links may rely on cookies to track referrals. Therefore if cookies get cleared, we may not be able to track these events.
- Cookie windows are stated in the Affiliate Tool. The current cookie window is 7 days.
- Only affiliate links can be used to track referrals. Incorrect use of affiliate links will cause inability to track referrals.
- Fraudulent or stolen attribution is a non payable event. If we suspect fraud we may require you to prove that the referrals are valid.
- The payout timeline is 30 days from the time of purchase.
- Commission clawbacks due to cancellation or returns will be deducted from future commission paybacks if not immediately.
- Be sure your PayPal email is up to date in order to receive any commissions that are owed.
There are a number of other limitations that may result in commission not being paid - we encourage you to read the Marketing Affiliate Program Agreement for more information on this.
- Attribution. In the event a single customer clicks two different affiliate links, the last affiliate gets the credit. We do, however, reserve the right to modify this in certain circumstances.
Promoting Martian Mathematics
- Martian Mathematics Branding
Capitalize the “M” in “Martian” and the “M” in “Mathematics”.
You must follow our style guide.
Use false or misleading statements on the benefits of using Martian Mathematics.
Modify or adjust the Martian Mathematics wordmark or logo in any sort of marketing material you might create, including the creation of any visual badges or dual-logo lockups.
- What to call yourself
As we have multiple ways to partner with Martian Mathematics and several ways to reference those relationships, here are some guidelines around what you can and cannot call yourself within the Martian Mathematics Affiliate Program.
Do: Say you’re a “Martian Mathematics Marketing Affiliate” or “Marketing Affiliate”.
Do Not: Refer to yourself as a Partner or that you’ve “partnered with Martian Mathematics.” This includes press releases, references in videos, listings on your website, or in any other marketing material you may be using.
- Buying Ads
You will not purchase ads that direct to your site(s) or through an affiliate link that could be considered as competing with Martian Mathematics’s own advertising, including, but not limited to, our branded keywords. If running ads, you need to direct the ad to your own website (and not to MartianMathematics.com).
Policies that don’t fit into the other buckets
- Survey Participation: We would encourage you to participate in any affiliate-specific NPS surveys, industry surveys, marketing surveys, etc. as we request.
- Sharing Placements: When requested, you’ll share the places you’ve used your affiliate link. This includes, but is not limited to, links, screenshots, and email sends.
- Purchasing Martian Mathematics yourself: One of the benefits of the Affiliate Program is we don’t require you to purchase Martian Mathematics products. Though if you decide to purchase, we require that you do not use your own affiliate link.
- You must be FTC compliant and disclose in a clear way before the affiliate link that you will receive commission if someone clicks through and purchases.